Asphalt. It’s everywhere!
We use it to build roads, car parks, airport runways, pavements, playgrounds and much, much more!
But did you know that asphalt in the UK isn’t always the same – it depends on which quarry its component materials come from which determines how hard (or soft) it is to cut.
This is why cutting asphalt, more than any other building material, requires a unique blade that is different than one you would use to cut other surfaces such as concrete, marble, or granite.
Because asphalt is softer than concrete (because it’s a mixture of aggregate and bitumen), it requires a diamond blade with a hard bond. Other soft-bonded blades are not recommended for cutting asphalt.
Diatech has an extensive range of professional asphalt cutting blades for you to choose from. However we cannot emphasise this enough: It’s so important to check with our team on which will be the best blade for your job because their advice will differ depending on where in the country you will be working. Don’t get stuck with the wrong blade for the job, give us a call on 01738 444606 and we’ll help you get it right first time.
Here’s the range of blades from which they will base their recommendations:
- APF20 Professional – with a 1600 cut rating, the APF20 Professional has 18 premium quality segments which are laser welded to the centre plate, wide gullets and three drop segments to prevent undercutting. It’s unique bonding makes it ideal for cutting asphalt that has a high flint aggregate or which requires a slightly less abrasive cut.
- APF20 Plus – with a 2400 cut rating, the APF20 Plus has 20 premium quality laser welded segments and three drop segments to prevent undercutting. It is ideal for both wet and dry cutting with its efficiency considerably improved by the use of water.
- APF20D – with a 1600 cut rating, the APF20D offers extra deep segments that will prevent undercutting for a more abrasive aggregate.
So, if you are looking for professional advice on how to get the most out of your blades for your next job, give our friendly team a call on 01738 444606 today and they’ll help get you sorted.
Alternatively if you know exactly what you are looking for, you can order online on our website.
Our Diamond Promise
- Our blades help you work smarter and not harder delivering more cuts per blade than standard industry blades.
- Next day delivery so you can get on with the job.